Meet point The Mole Inn Monk Sherborne. 18:30 meet to start at 18:45
If you are not already a club member you will be required to fill out the disclaimer/membership application form shown below which can be downloaded here .
North Hampshire Road Club is a cycling club made up of non-competitive and competitive cyclists from the Basingstoke and surrounding area. NHRC promotes responsible road cycling and mountain biking on all of our organised rides and events.
I wish to join North Hampshire Road Club (NHRC) for the year 2017. I acknowledge that cycling is a physical activity that requires good conditioning. I understand and accept that cycling on public roads, tracks and trails carries the potential for injury or death. The risks include, but not limited to, those caused by terrain, temperature, weather, equipment, vehicular traffic, and other cyclists. I hereby assume all the risks of participating in cycling as a member of NHRC. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficient riding experience and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
|Emergency Contact Telephone Number|
|Home Telephone Number|
|Riding Level||Fitness / Fun Touring / Leisure Race / Competetive|
These guidelines are in addition to the Highway Code.
1. No more than two riders side-by-side.
2. Ride about ½ wheel behind the rider in front -to avoid overlapping wheels if they get out of the saddle or brake. Wheel overlap is the biggest cause of crashes in groups.
3. Ride slightly to the side of the wheel in front, as this gives you much better visibility of the road ahead.
4. Use calls to communicate if you are at the front/back and repeat these if you are further back/forward for all riders who may not be able to see the hazard. Calls and what they mean:
5. The riders at the front are the pace-makers and determine the speed of the group which may be pre-arranged or judged during the ride. Aim to keep the pace such that no-one gets dropped on the hills.
6. When the riders in front have finished their turn, they (or one of them) will move off to the side, slow down and signal the riders behind to ride through. –Don’t be tempted to accelerate! Rely on the old lead riders to drop back (to maintain the group pace).
7. Do not attempt Strava segments in a group ride unless everyone has agreed to this before the ride.
8. If the ride is too slow/fast for you, discuss this with the group.
9. If you want to leave the group, let at least one of the group know before you leave.
10. If there is an accident, everyone must stop to help/seek assistance/witness if required.
11. In poor weather it is advisable to use full mudguards.